Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
What is worrying is that CHQ have no idea how many ballot papers have been sent out...Ian Duncan Smith was on the news explaining how he usually got several ballot papers (if you are a member of more than one Conservative Clubs you automatically get one from each)..

Still, not to worry, no true blue would ever consider using such an opportunity to cheat.

·
Premium Member
10,424 Posts
Ontrays? I have always thought of them as entrees. Inedible, rubber, entrees but entrees nonetheless.

(One recent IMarEST presentation on the whelk in the IoM fishery the whelk expert had not had tried one either but did not demure over the description).

·
Registered
23,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A used condom was the rather unpalatable description I recall being used.
Having never attempted to ingest either......I couldn't possibly comment.

🙂

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
Last night proved that the UK has become a sad joke; Johnson showed his utter contempt for the nation by refusing to answer any question. Boris Johnson will win, but he has shown that he has absolutely no idea what the office of PM entails; nor does he care.

Any nation led by a gutless, clueless buffoon like Johnson will end up begging for scraps on the world stage.

The US, under Trump, is no friend of the UK; unless every statement begins and ends with, "You are the greatest/healthiest/smartest/etc. human being ever" you will get nothing but abuse...

Last week May was a great ally; this week she is foolish in the extreme and he is glad to see the back of her. UK's Friend? I think not

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that we'll get Boris but he will be hopeless on both Brexit and running the country.

On Brexit, he's pinning a great deal of faith on renegotiation and he's already on poor terms with both the EU and European leaders from his stint as Foreign Secretary. He's using the threat of no-deal and the £39bn to open the door but this will be pretty futile IMO

On running the country he's going to be the kid in the sweet shop who wants everything. I think he gave the game away earlier with his announcement about increasing the Higher Rate tax threshold based on the Trump policy. That's just not something this country needs right now, in fact it's embarrassing.
We are set to become a vassal state of the USA and our NHS is on their radar.

Dread to think but I'm slowly finding out that 'getting our country back' means losing Northern Ireland and, potentially, Scotland.

Still at least Boris hasn't been embarrassed by the comments of the head of the WTO over GATT 24. I mean, such a silly person as me can't have read GATT 24 stuff and understood it better than the potential PM surely...
It's all going so well.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
More Trumpisms...Multimillionair Jeffrey Epstein is awaiting trial on charges of sex trafficking underage girls.....

In 2002 Trump said, "
“I’ve known Jeff for 15 years,”Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.”

Now Trump says, "I wasn’t a big fan of Jeffrey Epstein, that I can tell you.

·
Registered
16,092 Posts
Britain and the US and a few other nations need better leaders, there is great unanimity on SN regarding this. So what should be done about it? Should one demand a tested high intelligence of all eligible voters, should one ban and perhaps even punish all public political argumentation not satisfying strict rules of logic and even reduce the right to vote to a very limited aristocracy of political experts?

If voting was not something done in secret, and voting was mandatory, then people who voted for those promising more health care, better incomes, more entertaining television, or whatever – could, when this was not forthcoming with their choice of leaders in office, have their added value tax level doubled, or be sent to do unpaid public service in a dull place on weekends. Or, failing to find solutions within democracy, perhaps we could have the Chinese Peoples Congress' pick a suitable dictator for all of us. Do not tell me I have missed a suggested better solution. :)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts