Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, this won't take long.
When I go walkies on the weekend, I sometimes take an hour's stroll down by my river (the country's 5th longest) to this wonderful old town that today (27th Feb) will be turned into a mêlee of Carnival fans. The river, part of a pan European network that ends in the Black Sea, should be easy, but the town?
Get Googling boys!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,975 Posts
paul0510 said:
ok, this won't take long.
When I go walkies on the weekend, I sometimes take an hour's stroll down by my river (the country's 5th longest) to this wonderful old town that today (27th Feb) will be turned into a mêlee of Carnival fans. The river, part of a pan European network that ends in the Black Sea, should be easy, but the town?
Get Googling boys!!
Hamburg or Frankfurt

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Main is correct, John, but Heidelberg? Lies on the Neckar!!
Clue: the rather large House of God at the river's edge is dedicated to a certain Einhard and dates back to early 800s.
What else do you want??!! (*))

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
..not so far Barney.
Clue: the river here is the boundary between Bavaria and Hesse. i took the pic from my Bavarian side.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
thread started out as ash wednesday.. ithought it was ash tuesday or pancake day.. pancakes with syrup.. have i been conned by my kids for 30yrs or what.. even bought some syrup Saturday come on help me out!!! :mad:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts