Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Doesn't it make you yearn to go back! experience all that motion where you used every muscle in your body without knowing it, looking forward to getting back to your bunk and wedge yourself in to try and grab a couple of hours shut eye before going back for a bit more exercise...………...who needed gyms

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sugar Producer

Totally agree sailing on an accommodation aft vessel was challenging especially when it came to eating, but thise were the days when you got on with your life without a song and dance. Tried to train as a helicopter pilot but told too old !! ( may be at 78 )

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
The helicopter crewmen deserve high recognition for such rescues. The rolling motion of the ship had her cranes coming perilously close to the chopper. Any ID on the helo?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Helicopter

I believe that at the beginning of the vieo there was reference to the ship being off the South American coast, but no other ID-sorry

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I believe that at the beginning of the vieo there was reference to the ship being off the South American coast, but no other ID-sorry
Curious, because the helicopter appears to be a Super Puma of the Icelandic Coastguard. I missed the South American reference. I found images of this helicopter in the colours in the film as well as in more Icelandic colours. If you google "Ship Skalva" you will find the same rescue filmed from on board. The patient was able to walk to the stretcher and had one arm in a sling. Maybe he had some other condition that made such a dangerous rescue necessary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts