Ships Nostalgia banner
101 - 107 of 107 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Encouraged by seeing 2 posts for 2022... My parents were living in Cubitt's when I was born in 1955. Wondering if anyone remembers John and Anne Murray, MV Jennie, a Thames barge. They emigrated to Canada a couple of years later . Like others here, I'm looking for photos which might include her. All I have is a close-up:
Motor vehicle Monochrome photography Monochrome Toddler Windshield

· Registered
54 Posts
Encouraged by seeing 2 posts for 2022... My parents were living in Cubitt's when I was born in 1955. Wondering if anyone remembers John and Anne Murray, MV Jennie, a Thames barge. They emigrated to Canada a couple of years later . Like others here, I'm looking for photos which might include her. All I have is a close-up:
View attachment 692705
Lived nearby on river at Chiswick Mall, used to ‘barge sit ‘there as a boy,
used to look around Cubitts great fun .Remember ex steam ? yacht Amazon
there, later bought by Arthur Lowe(Dads Army).
Dont think sadly I have photos of Cubitts but will check..
John.

· Registered
4 Posts
Cubitts Yacht Basin Chiswick

Hello All,
My first post! I came across this site when having nostalgic thoughts about Cubitts. I live in Queensland Australia however when visiting U.K in 1959 I became the owner of a 27' Yacht (Leocadia) which I bought in Maldon and ended up at Cubitts where we spent about 18 months working and living at times on the boat. Contrary to some reports we found Cubitts to be a friendly and interesting place, there were several ex naval craft MTBs and or Fairmiles as well as Hybernia and Wolesly (2 Barges) also Lydia, Nerene ( Falmouth Quay Punt having a total refasten)
Red Setter a beautiful motor sailor owner by one of the Boosey and Hawkes family. Larapinta a 38' Aussie Yacht built in Sydney and owned by Peter and Leslie Mounsey who were the first husband and wife team to do a cir***navigation. Many more of course including some remains of concrete barges which I think were to carry ammunition or explosives across the Chanel in WW1.
I do have a few pics of the yard circa 1959/60 which I may be able to produce if any one is interested.
Hello - I believe my grandparents, Mr and Mrs Hill, owned and lived on Hibernia during the 50’s. I wonder if you knew them?

· Registered
4 Posts
Hello - looking through old family photographs we have found photographs of The Hibernia Barge at Cubitts Yard. Our grandparents used to live on the barge. We have a number of external and internal photographs.
Hello - looking through old family photographs we have found photographs of The Hibernia Barge at Cubitts Yard. Our grandparents used to live on the barge. We have a number of external and internal photographs.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts