Ships Nostalgia banner
341 - 348 of 348 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi all. Well that the last of the recently received Denholm News now posted. I will return to the Denholm Group shortly and find out if there were any more from the early 1980's. Reverting with the result later.
It has been a real pleasure to work on this project.
Please keep posting the stories and photos that may be prompted by reading these editions.
Cheers
Willie

·
Registered
261 Posts
It was mentioned in one of the editions that you could get uniforms etc from Paisleys at a discount rate. I remember getting working boots and boilersuits from them I think they were free of charge paid for by Denholms, we got two boilers suits or maybe it was four a year, can't remember. Paisleys is long gone here is a photo of what it looked like taken from the Jamaca Street Bridge Paisleys is the building on the left with the clock.The boiler suits never lasted the engine room conditions and we always scrounged boilersuits off the engineers who were going on leave. The other photo shows a couple of smartly dressed Denholms enginers wearing any old boilersuit they could find, as it was taken in the 70s they came complete with long hair and mustaches. Myself and Bob Landsman on the Arctic Troll

Sky Building Daytime Street light Road surface
Flash photography Engineering Cooking City Machine

341 - 348 of 348 Posts