Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,042 Posts
So sad, a great performer over many years, and remained beautiful all her life. RIP Mrs Peel :cry:

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
From the Royal Shakespeare Theatre to the Muppet show and much more in between, she covered the whole gamut.
Time to remove the greasepaint and hang up the costume one last time.
Good night..

·
Registered
855 Posts
She woke up the TV of the 60s. After I left the sea I worked on early video tape machines at Iris Production Teddington studios. She became the star of the Avengers - the studio was buzzing with her energy. I moved to ITN news studios after that - a different sort of TV. But the newsman, Reggie Bosanquet woke it up.
I was interviewed for the ITN job by the editor, Sir Geoffrey Cox (ex spitfire pilot) - he did not ask about electronics but had probing questions about the cargo we carried at sea.

·
Registered
906 Posts
At the cost of sounding a little melodramatic I think a little bit of me died when I heard the news as we were close in age. A very accomplished actress through all her years with a range not attempted by many others. In the course of researching my 2 x great uncle, Charles, I discovered that he had attended the Moravian School in Pudsey, Yorkshire in the mid 19th century; other alumunus included Diana Rigg, Leonard Hutton and the British Prime Minister to be, H.H. Asquith. He did less well though, and in old age always seemed to be bailing his wife out of the local courts on charges of being drunk and disorderly.

Diana Rigg at one time wrote a very amusing book, 'No Turn Unstoned', an anthology of theatre world barbs. Well worth searching out

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
I was just watching an episode of the Avengers the day before she passed away.............R.I.P Diana

·
Premium Member
9,042 Posts
I was just watching an episode of the Avengers the day before she passed away.............R.I.P Diana
So did I, It's running on one of the lesser UK channels at the mo'

·
Registered
18,738 Posts
Sorry to hear about Diana dying, she was a good sort. Doesn't stop "The Avengers" being bloody stupid though. Honor Blackman was in the Avengers too - yum yum. I think we might have lost her recently too.

John T

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
I was rather keen on Steed's Bentleys too. 😷

1 - 13 of 13 Posts