Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, please may I ask if Lamport and Holt made sailings from Rosario via Buenos Aires to Southampton c 1908, or did they only sail from Buenos Aires? Specifically with SS Veronese. Many thanks.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Hi, please may I ask if Lamport and Holt made sailings from Rosario via Buenos Aires to Southampton c 1908, or did they only sail from Buenos Aires? Specifically with SS Veronese. Many thanks.
Hello, according to an online incoming passenger list which recorded a voyage by VERONESE commencing Buenos Aires 13/08/1908 terminating in Southampton 06/12/1908, she only embarked in BA.

However, passenger lists can be unreliable and the onlly true test is to examine the ships logbook. This will tell you exactly what ports she called at. I can only see one voyage recorded in 1908 but there could be more. The Logbook is in TNA Kew but they are closed at the moment.
You can search incoming passenger lists at "Ancestry"

regards
Roger

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello, according to an online incoming passenger list which recorded a voyage by VERONESE commencing Buenos Aires 13/08/1908 terminating in Southampton 06/12/1908, she only embarked in BA.

However, passenger lists can be unreliable and the onlly true test is to examine the ships logbook. This will tell you exactly what ports she called at. I can only see one voyage recorded in 1908 but there could be more. The Logbook is in TNA Kew but they are closed at the moment.
You can search incoming passenger lists at "Ancestry"

regards
Roger
Thanks so much Roger. The family I am interested in (not my own) did sail from BA to Southampton on Verenese, but as they started at Rosario, just wondered if the Lamport and Holt ships would have picked up in Rosario first. They were on a voyage in April - the passenger list has been rubber stamped 14 April, but not sure if that is departure or arrival. The Master was J Russell.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Chris. How long - and how difficult the navigation - was the trip from Buenos Aires up the river to Rosario?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts