Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About six weeks ago a gray plastic bag was in my mailbox. There was no shipping label that I could understand. It had only a series of various different size black blobs on a field of white. I put it on a shelf, thinking perhaps that someone would show up looking for it.

That never happened so a couple of days ago I opened it. Inside was a piece of paper listing the two items and their cost but again no identifying information. It consists of a real neat white knitted $20 stocking cap and a pair of $40 camouflage pattern board shorts in my size. We have had a sudden cold snap after months of 90F - 110F daytime weather. The cold front is already weakening and Halloween is forecast to be 90F.

This is not the first time this has happened. I have sitting here on a shelf a Star Wars Death Star set of interlocking plastic measuring spoons. I kept it, thinking that perhaps I could give it to someone someday? I have mentioned before that I regularly am going through cardboard boxes of 'stuff' most of which ends up in my blue recyclable roller bin. But I also have a box of apparently brand new stuff that I donate to Goodwill. I will keep this nice warm stocking cap but since I no longer wear shorts I think I will donate them to Goodwill.

·
Registered
6,321 Posts
Or, your packet was already signed for by,"Lin Chun". Happened in Italy to my daughter's flatmate who had bought a new iPad. After 3 hours, the messenger showed up, saying, "Oh, that happens sometimes!".
Rgds.
Dave

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
# 1 I do NOT buy anything online. IF I cannot find something I want locally then I really do not need it.

# 2 I do NOT have an Amazon account.

# 3 Does anyone know of Amazon shipping things and not emblazon their name all over the packaging? While I am not an Amazon customer I have seen television stories about porch pirates and seen Amazon packages therein.

# 4 My name and address, as one poster already said, is easily found. But this package did not have ANY text just these weird black blotches on a white background?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am wearing the hat right now - it is 51F outside and 60F inside. I suspect stupid or lazy delivery drivers. I live in the 1800 block on my street. The 1900 block and higher numbers are 1-1/2 miles away as the seagull flies across a freeway. More than once delivery drivers have come to my door asking where the 1900 block is. I provide directions.

Go down Yettford Road, turn right on Woodland Avenue, turn right on South Santa Fe Avenue, turn right on Sycamore Avenue go under the freeway turn right at the first street named Thibedo Road, go up Thibedo Road that will bend to the left. At the first stop sign the 1900 block begins. It is about three miles via the streets and roads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts