Ships Nostalgia banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Alan,
I’m using the time during this horrible virus lockdown to gather information for my family tree. My uncle, Neville Stirzaker (my mother’s brother) was born, lived and died in Fleetwood. He was never married and so much of the Fleetwood side of my Family history was lost with his passing, as has this line of the Stirzaker name ended with no male heirs.
For many years, I can remember seeing a framed photo of him at the helm of the Duke of Lancaster. It sat proudly on the wall at the top of the stairs.
Any photos, anecdotes or personal history you can help me with would be most gratefully appreciated.
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Hello Alan,
I’m using the time during this horrible virus lockdown to gather information for my family tree. My uncle, Neville Stirzaker (my mother’s brother) was born, lived and died in Fleetwood. He was never married and so much of the Fleetwood side of my Family history was lost with his passing, as has this line of the Stirzaker name ended with no male heirs.
For many years, I can remember seeing a framed photo of him at the helm of the Duke of Lancaster. It sat proudly on the wall at the top of the stairs.
Any photos, anecdotes or personal history you can help me with would be most gratefully appreciated.
Thank you.
Hi Jennie

You're in luck because I do have a few snaps - and many memories! For starters, on a cruise to Denmark and the Kiel Canal he lost his false teeth somehow but made light of it, telling the passengers at boat drill , " There's a fish somewhere swimming round the Ocean with a big smile"!

I will send you a pm with the pics.
very best wishes/Alan R

61 - 65 of 65 Posts