Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the old ben loyal,ben line only had her for about 1 yr sold her to maclay macintyre's of glasgow,they had three ships,loch ranza loch maddy,and loch dee,on the iron ore run from west africa/uk

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hi Dom,
I well remember the LOCH RANZA & LOCH MORAR both laid up at anchorage (maybe on buoys?) close to Mountbatten, Plymouth when I was doing pre-sea at Plymouth in 1959

·
Registered
28 Posts
Empire Swordsman

(*)) Empire Swordsman 11944ren Granrock 1948-ren Balmoral 1950 ren Loch Ranza 1953 -ren Tertric 1960 yard William Hamilton Glassgow built 1944 grt 7,067 scrap Kaohsiung 26-04-68 photo travela of the tramps voll 2 hope this is of some help to you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Empire Swordsman

Thanks for your help.

(*)) Empire Swordsman 11944ren Granrock 1948-ren Balmoral 1950 ren Loch Ranza 1953 -ren Tertric 1960 yard William Hamilton Glassgow built 1944 grt 7,067 scrap Kaohsiung 26-04-68 photo travela of the tramps voll 2 hope this is of some help to you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
empire swordsman

Hi Dom

Thank you for your help. I have printed out your picture and put together a folder for father in law and he thought it was just great...

the old ben loyal,ben line only had her for about 1 yr sold her to maclay macintyre's of glasgow,they had three ships,loch ranza loch maddy,and loch dee,on the iron ore run from west africa/uk

·
Registered
13,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dom

yes,running down to the West coast for iron ore,joind her in Barrow,by the time i got there from Leith i'd forgotten her name,mostly Pepel??Freetown,this photo was taken at cardiff,chatty but happy as they say

1 - 8 of 8 Posts