Ships Nostalgia banner
1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
11,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

My Name is Satanic and I can't hacksaw in a straight line(Sad)

·
Registered
11,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you could file they might give you an office job ,
oooft[=P]

C'mon then - whats your Engineering blind spot - your free to tell here at EA, your amongst friends.(Hippy)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
oooft[=P]

C'mon then - whats your Engineering blind spot - your free to tell here at EA, your amongst friends.(Hippy)
I'm sorry for Satanic who just can't hack it.
My blind spot nowadays is sharpening twist drills (backing off). I've lost the touch since my apprentice days, which although 60 years ago, I'm sure the confidence of youth played a part as I can still feel & see & OK.

·
Registered
11,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sorry for Satanic who just can't hack it.
My blind spot nowadays is sharpening twist drills (backing off). I've lost the touch since my apprentice days, which although 60 years ago, I'm sure the confidence of youth played a part as I can still feel & see & OK.
Welcome Ron and thankyou for sharing your Engineering problem with us

·
Registered
11,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sm like any saw grip the handle but put your forefinger strait down the side and the blade will go were you point . if it helps. john(Hippy)
I've tried John I really have - but try as I may I have to face the facts - I am a bias sawer(Sad)

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
I think this thread should end right here - you're being way to hard on yourselves. What do you expect? You're only engineers...

(Incoming! Run boy!!)
Says you making a bolt for the door.... (Jester)

We of the Brotherhood of the Spanner don't come here to be insulted... we usually go somewhere else.. (POP)

·
Registered
11,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

·
KIWI
473 Posts
A lot of of the every day things such as putting a nut on a screw is done these days purely by instinct.Cannot see a thing.Sharpening a twist drill is just a memory.Remember when the tradesman you worked with said"do this lad the old eyes are not so good" & you thought him a silly old bugger? KIWI

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
My brother ( a member of SN who never posts ) so I will log him into EA ; when he was a junior on Moss tankers MV Luxor was limited by the 2nd Eng to only using wrenches on bolts of 7/8 inch or more . He had a tendancy to shear all he touched .

Probably why he ended up Scottish Senior hammer champion at one time and came 7th in the Senior Olympics held in Newcastle some years ago.

1 - 20 of 231 Posts