Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there guys !

Joe Vella (Malta)
Ex Texaco Tankship Overseas 1973 to 1977.

Anyone remembers me ?
Texaco Southampton
Texaco Plymouth
Texaco Cardiff
Texaco North America
Texaco Frankfurt
Texaco Rochester

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Hi Joe, I never met or sailed with you but we have one thing in common...……… we both sailed on the Texaco Frankfurt. The worst ship ever built in Germany, probably.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I recognise the name and I sailed with the first Maltese Engineer in Caltex on the Caltex Plymouth when we dry docked there . Malta got its independence then as we were there for the ceremony.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Good to hear from the great John Campbell again. We drydocked the terrible Frankfurt in Singapore together, you as Master and me as first trip Fiver. Happiness.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Good to hear from the great John Campbell again. We drydocked the terrible Frankfurt in Singapore together, you as Master and me as first trip Fiver. Happiness.
Great to hear from you and I too remember that drydocking subsequent voyage to the Gulf. I remember we got a set of the latest hand held radios which were immediately flogged by persons unknown and when LONDON FHQ were informed they promptly informed me that we would not get replacements as punishment. Much happiness and so much for Safety First.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello again guys,

Thanks for the first replies much appreciated.
May I be a bit (or even a lot) greedy and ask anyone for a small favour.
In three weeks time I have to give a talk about my experience at sea and as Sod's Law normally applies in such cir***stances I have a big problem accessing my photographs. Does anyone from Texaco have a couple of engine room photos say from the Japanese and the German classes ?
Thanks a lot beforehand,
Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts