Ships Nostalgia banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone sailed on Strick line around.? The Shahristan and Turkistan?
I think my dad - Jack Moffat - was 2nd Eng. for part of that trip. The Marine Surveyor was Capt. Alistair Cant who was ex-Stricks as well.
I Barry Peck remember me . Your good pal Eddie Ducler still in Durban South Africa will always keep fond memories of our time on the Baharistan those years back.how is Judith.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Strick Line

Hello Gents

I haven't logged on for quite a while, so was pleased to see a discussion about a good company!! Al - I am sure I sailed with your father once though I can't remember which ship.

I went to sea in 1961 with Strick as a cadet, and stayed until after the great demise in 1972, ending up as Chief Officer. Sailed on Baltistan, Tangistan, Baharistan (twice), Farsistan, Turkistan, and Serbistan. In GCD I did the last voyage of Karaghistan before her sale. The Gulf run was undoubtedly not the most glamerous, but the company was good, we only found out how good when it was gone!

Pleased to see there are some of us around who still remember.
Hi Barry Eddie Ducler here you remember we were on the Baharistan from there I went to the Sharistan then GCD on the KARANGA ,AMRA STRATH MAY BACK TO THE AMRA THE STRATHAPPIN THEN CAME ASHORE TO WORK IN DURBAN AS AGENT AND SUPERCARGO ALONG MOZAMBIQUE,EAST AFRICAN PORTS AND EVENTUALLY RETIRED IN 2018 still living in Durban. My email [email protected] my wharapp 27837010031

21 - 22 of 22 Posts