Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are 6 ships in my register which I don´t know the IMO number of. I believe they all have that number or the MMSI number. I wonder if anybody knows any of them by number or have better ways to search than I have. If so, I will be very thankful to take part of that information. I say thank you in advance. Below I give you info about the first two.

Ferocia was built in steel 1947 by Suurmeijer Gebr NVS in Groningen Holland with the name Ferocia. Her gross was 400, net 250 and tdw 550. She sunk in the Baltic Sea after collision in 1964.

Messina was built in steel 1896 as thremasted chooner at Zmit & Zn as EDSKE-SMIT. Gross 215,05, net 205,10 and tdw 325. She was in Sweden some years named Messina. She came to Finland in 1964 with the same name Messina. Later she had the name CLAIRE in Finland. She was scrapped in Sweden 1983 in Landskrona.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it is not. That ship was built in 1952 as Noach and was named Ferocia in 1970.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Strickylad44, Thank you very much for this important info. Did you find any IMO of Messina? Thanks again.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes that is the ship and info as she appear at Stichting Maritiem Hitoriche. Unfortunately without IMO number. The number on the page is her Dutch number.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finaly found the IMO of Messina by googling on her first name Edske Smit. The number is 5233389. Thank you for taking your time. I will be back tomorrow with more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts