Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ex-Denholm Moderator
11,591 Posts
Jonathan Swift left Holyhead at 2000 BST on Tuesday evening to make a passage to Liverpool for inspection. She arrived back in Holyhead shortly after 0700 BST today. I came off Watch at 0800 BST this morning so I don't know whether she is back in service yet. I'll let you know tonight when I get back to work.

I recently sailed my yacht from Holyhead to Malahide (to sample a drop or two of the 'proper' black stuff) and I was amazed at the number of dolphins, whales and sharks out there. Apparently calving happens at this time of year which explains the high concentration marine mammals.

·
Premium Member
12,975 Posts
Ray
Thankfully it wasnt Wales it hit as that would not of been a soft impact

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Tonga you beat me to it, I was also wondering why the whale was going to Holyhead. Sorry Tony, couldnt help it,the devil made me do it.
John

·
ex-Denholm Moderator
11,591 Posts
Jonathan Swift Update

The ferry remains off service.
My Irish mole tells me that Jonathan Swift is waiting in Holyhead for a drydock to become vacant in Liverpool. In addition to a leak in a small compartment, she has a problem with her ride control system. Whether she hit a whale or not has yet to be confirmed. She may have experienced mechanical failure of an external T foil.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My sister-in-law has the same problem as the "Jonathan Swift" It happens regularly but repairs itself somehow.
I hear that the Japanese are searching for the whale!

fred

" I love it when you talk dirty"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts