Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get hold of a copy of the film "The key"? I don't remember much about it, but it was based on Tugs, and the skipper tried to have his way with Sofia Loren (Wouldn't we all?) any takers? Thanks Andy (Fly)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nothing on ebay or amazon in the UK. There is another film of the same name with Frank Finlay in it so watch out you get the right one!

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
The Key

Be sure to get the film with William Holden and Trevor Howard.It's afine movie,good story,excellent music but very hard to find.Ihave never seen a DVD release and I paid a goodly sum when Ipurchased a VHS copy about ten years ago.Good luck in your search.....Doug

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fella's The search is still on!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sophia Loren...born 1934 as Sophia Scicolone, made films in Italy under that name and also as Sophia Lazzaro. Sorry you missed her!

fred

" everythig you see... I owe to spaghetti "

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sophia loren..............ooooh!..............She was in the millionairess with Peter Sellers. Fine bit, but not much of an actress. "Goodness Gracious Me!

·
Registered
18,770 Posts
edward said:
[=P] who is sofia loren bit before my time.regards .edward
Edward, I know you're kidding - unless the grappa has got to you!

Sophia is still going strong at 70 and still magnificent. If you discount "The Millionairess" she did make some pretty good films.

Did anyone read a book which came out years ago called "I, Jan Kramer"? It was about a Danish seaman and sort of a cross between "The Cruel Sea" and a Port Said Bible (leaning more towards the latter). One of Jan's fantasies was Sophia Loren's face at the bottom of the toilet....What more can I say? Maybe you can get it on E Bay.

John T.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Ahoy John,

Sorry to correct you but Jan Cremer was Dutch as Dutch can be.Still alive, and nowadays an art painter; his paintings are quiet expensive, and the book I Jan Cremer was a must in the "old days" to all youngsters in the early sixties, it was all about sex,drugs,rock and roll, being a sailor for some period, and being in the "Legion",as he tolds; it was very shocking in those days.In April 2000 appears the 50th impression of the Dutch edition of Ik Jan Cremer, of which translations have been published in more than 30 countries since the first publication in 1964 with a total worldwide edition of around 12 million copies.

·
Registered
18,770 Posts
Jan Cremer

ruud said:
Ahoy John,

Sorry to correct you but Jan Cremer was Dutch as Dutch can be.Still alive, and nowadays an art painter; his paintings are quiet expensive, and the book I Jan Cremer was a must in the "old days" to all youngsters in the early sixties, it was all about sex,drugs,rock and roll, being a sailor for some period, and being in the "Legion",as he tolds; it was very shocking in those days.In April 2000 appears the 50th impression of the Dutch edition of Ik Jan Cremer, of which translations have been published in more than 30 countries since the first publication in 1964 with a total worldwide edition of around 12 million copies.
Thanks Ruud, that's amazing - he must be pretty old by now. I wonder if he's ever painted Sophia Loren?

Yes, the book was pretty 'hard-core' in its day, maybe I'll get hold of a copy and see what I think now.

Sorry about the mistaken nationality, but it's a long time ago. Now everyone's in the EEC it probably doesn't matter much anymore.

There was a 'recommended reading' thread somewhere on the site, maybe the book should be mentioned there.

John T.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Ahoy John,

Jan Cremer was born in 1940, and I don't think he has ever painted her, he prefers, paintings like these, and makes a fortune with it.By the way he sailed on small coasters/trampers and mainly to Russia[read Baltic] as galleyboy/deck hand.

·
Registered
382 Posts
According to my book its available on laser disk (whatever that is ) in both American NTSC format and British PAL format. Apart from that cant help sorry

·
Registered
5,898 Posts

·
Registered
5,898 Posts

·
Registered
18,770 Posts
Thanks for the photo of the painting Ruud. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be Sophia Loren, but there's a good chance that it is the bottom of a toilet!

There's no accounting for taste, but maybe old Jan should have stuck to writing dirty books.

John T.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts