1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi is this the one ?
Built at Burntisland 1939
1870 GRT.
276 FEET X 39 FEET
Single screw steam reciprocating engine (max speed 10 knots)
Broken up Grays Essex arrived 23rd March 1965

Cheers
Spartan

·
Premium Member
14,864 Posts
SS Foreland Code flags GSZV machinery Aft, Cargo battens not fitted. DF on board.
Engine built by D Rowan & Co Ltd Glasgow.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
MV Foreland

There was a postcard on sale at Ebay
Shipping & Coal Company Ltd. of MV FORELAND.
Company issued postcard by Skyfotos.

Best Wishes
Raymond

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Are you referring to the bulk carrier "Foreland"built by Van der Giessen in 1967? If so she was sold in 1979 and renamed "Asean Nations", in 1984 "Negotiator" and in 1990 "Youcheng". I have nothing further on her but if still afloat she would be getting on a bit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mightttttt be your lucky day. That said I need to find the photo. I sailed as Lecky on the M.V. Foreland in 1973. One 3 month trip only. As memory serves a 26000 GRt gearless bulker with ward leonard tension winches, 4 in all. Not meant to carry a lecky but who was placed in the 3rd mates cabin on the starboard side. The only ship I ever bunked on the starboard side.
Please be realy patient as I do have a, well its a post card but havn't seen it for some time. You can pester me on [email protected].
By the way, head office was Leadenhall street London, Yes?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dad was Second Eng. "Barney" from Seaham and the Chief was "Charlie" from Grangtown.

Hi is this the one ?
Built at Burntisland 1939
1870 GRT.
276 FEET X 39 FEET
Single screw steam reciprocating engine (max speed 10 knots)
Broken up Grays Essex arrived 23rd March 1965

Cheers
Spartan

·
Registered
1 Posts
I sailed a trip on MV Foreland in 1977 as a Junior Eng.Joined her in Hamburg and did a few trips Europe - States we did carry an Electrician on my trip as well as the obvious Chief,2nd,3rd and 4th Engr's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts