Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
JOHN CHANEY said:
I came off the fort george in april its showing her age a lot of things need to be done
Tell me about it John, I came off her back in December, after doing my fair share of chipping and painting I can tell you! (*))

·
Registered
570 Posts
Rory Bhoy said:
Tell me about it John, I came off her back in December, after doing my fair share of chipping and painting I can tell you! (*))

Is thet right that you don't use Phosphoric acid anymore??? You lucky things...we always had to use the stuff....Burns everywhere!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
STRAWBERRY said:
Is thet right that you don't use Phosphoric acid anymore??? You lucky things...we always had to use the stuff....Burns everywhere!!
I'm a Comms Rating so I wouldn't know about that Andy. I just put my trust in the Deckies to sort out whatever rust remover, and paint I needed! (EEK)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I remember that day well -- I was aboard FORT GEORGE for ages and had eat Swans Packed Lunch -- were you parked up out of the way or something ?,forgot that bit.
Dave

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep, we had to move up river and park while you launched, got a good set of pic's though, I didn't get any lunch and had to wait ages for a couple of your tugs to move back after you finished.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts