Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C'mon AdMin folks, you MUST know by now that people require a 'text' query field in the GALLERY section Query filters!
Or at least include the photo Gallery section in the main query database (that queries the forums).
People want to search GALLERY for ships, tags, and the like..... Or don't you give a s**t!

·
Registered
251 Posts
It can take up to an hour now to search out a pic that you liked of a ship, having to go through piles of chit chat, just because that ships name was mentioned in that thread. If you are lucky enough to find that ship picture, say for research purposes, there will be no date when the picture was taken. We had a simple location of photo, date taken, source of image boxes to fill in. Every date for every photo has disappeared. All that history gone overnight.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@#2
I think possibly the info is still there, however, at changeover, the 'run' has truncated the info. If indeed the missing info is 'gone for good', that is a major fall-down in the transfer of the systems. SURELY they will have a back-up copy of the old system to correct this.... I'd like to think so....

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Hello Administration if you are viewing this string about the need for the GALLERY requiring a text field please also review the discussion that has started on the the following Forum containing several issues with the function of the new gallery.
Home/ Forums/ Miscellaneous/Other forum Issues/ Computers and The Internet /Search Gallery
Several of us members have been discussing the problems seeming amongst our selves but with no input from the sites Adminstration.
The general concenus is that we prefered the old Webpage but if there has to be change can we have repomses to queries acknowleded stating that they cannot be fixed immediately or not intended to be changed . The queries need to acknowledged with a timeline of when to expect responses to the queries and the outcome
Regards Tim Webb

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Reposted from Home/ Forums/ Miscellaneous/Other forum Issues/ Computers and The Internet /Search Gallery

On the possitive side I like the simplier way of adding photos to the gallery along with the description but this revised method stiill has bugs.
1) Text limited to 4 lines removing much of the history on merchant ship entries.
2) No position for date photo was taken
3) No position for location of photo.
4) No position for photo source
Also on the possitive side I like the dark mode for the site much more relaxing on the eyes.
Regards, Tim

·
Registered
7,484 Posts
I have been rebuked for posting a comment on the gallery in the wrong thread.
Apparently Admin want all feedback posted on the feedback thread. It saves them the trouble of monitoring all the other threads which have arisen.
But, having said that, it does seem like a good idea for more people to keep saying the same thing.
I have already said, more than once, what Tim says about time place by whom.
The new software reads metadata on pictures, but it only works for new unedited images from a modern digital camera which is useless for much of the submissions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been rebuked for posting a comment on the gallery in the wrong thread.
Apparently Admin want all feedback posted on the feedback thread. It saves them the trouble of monitoring all the other threads which have arisen.
Can you advise where exactly this 'FEEDBACK' thread is located, for my future reference. I posted on the 'SITE ISSUES & SUPPORT' section of the Members area, thinking that would be the correct place...but perhaps I am wrong.
Apologies if just confusing things here............

·
Registered
7,484 Posts
My understanding is that they want you to use one thread rather than generating others for their attention.
Obviously it makes sense to use other threads to chat among ourselves about the problems encountered and offer help and advice to other members.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts