Registered
7,499 Posts
Three dots top right..
Drop menu, halfway down - Gallery.
You cannot, however, search for a specific ship or other image. :(

·
Registered
248 Posts
It's amazing how few photos are now being posted in the "Passenger Liners and Cruise Ships" section since the major change to this website some months ago. I imagine it's the same situation in the other classifications also.

·
Registered
13,909 Posts
I do not understand the reason when this site was "updated" or something so, the searching was crossed out.

Regards

Tomi.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Tomi,
The software platform is hired in from another company. They sell a basic forum and the gallery is a bolt-on. It is not therefore integral with the forum, as it was on the old platform.
The software developers wrote the gallery software without a search facility because they did not think that it was needed and would have required extra work to incorporate it.
Admin have told us that the 'issue' is being referred to the developers but I don't think it will be sorted anytime soon if at all.
I believe that there is a third party work-round available and I have seen it in use, but it is not part of the package which Verticalscope want to use apparently.

·
Registered
13,909 Posts
Thanks a lot Malcolm for the explanation, I had a very similar idea with your own, so another point I had forgotten to comment is the small space below the phots to add details of this ship.

Regards

Tomi

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
You have probably also noticed that pictures which did have a comprehensive description have now lost most of it. I assume that is now lost forever having been discarded in the migration.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts