Ships Nostalgia banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.
Anybody remember me from the Geestland,would love to hear from anybody that does.
Regards
Keith Humphreys
P.S was J/eng at time

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Hi Guys.
Anybody remember me from the Geestland,would love to hear from anybody that does.
Regards
Keith Humphreys
P.S was J/eng at time
I sailed on Geest Land in the earlly 80s, Chief engineer was a miserable old bugger called Norman Hesketh from Liverpool/wirral way. I don't mean to be disrespectful to him, but he was one of those Chief or Master under god-like characters the British Merchant Navy had at the time.
Mick S

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chief's and Captains

Hi there Mick
Sailed with Norman Twice I believe, got on with him Quite well.
Can you remember any other Engineers from your trip.
Regards
Keith Humphreys.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I sailed on Geest Land in the earlly 80s, Chief engineer was a miserable old bugger called Norman Hesketh from Liverpool/wirral way. I don't mean to be disrespectful to him, but he was one of those Chief or Master under god-like characters the British Merchant Navy had at the time.
Mick S
Hi, My name is Geoff Grundy and I was with Geest from Aug 70 to Dec 72 (12 trips) then Dec 92 to Feb 93 (2 trips) then the company moved to Soton then Portsmouth, l was relief Elect. l had the pleasure??? of sailing with Norman Hesketh 3 or 4 times on the Haven he was supposed to be good engineer but did not frequent the Engine room very often. He certainly wasn,t passenger ship material as he never became involved with anything and had meals sent up to his cabin, he was from the rougher end of the wedge as it were and by his own admission could upset people very easily.My previous company to Geest was Royal Mail Line and as we had passenger vessels you were designated passenger ship material or not, my first ship was RMS. Amazon and I seemed to pass that test ok! To sum up I was always glad to be off the Haven. Capt David Boon was great he was well known for not spilling a drop when he fell into a chair when the ship rolled! Regards, Geoff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone remember my dad Jim Davie .
He was on the Geest Ships traveling to Windward Islands from the early 1970s to the late 1980s .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
long time no speak

Hi Keith . You might know my dad Jim Davie . I saw your name on here and he remembers you .
Hello Jim.
I did reply to the original post so dont know what happened there,since that not been able to log in,but that sorted out now.
well was a surprise seeing your name on here not seen you for a long time now I hope the years have been good to you, I'm doing alright retired now obviously,but my wife is not doing so well but she is hanging in there. well Jim hope to here from you soon.
All the best Keith.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Jim.
I had the pleasure of sailing with your Dad on several occasions throughout the 70's, 80's and early 90's. Please give him my best wishes and hope that he, and all your family, are keeping well in these difficult times.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone remember my dad Jim Davie .
He was on the Geest Ships traveling to Windward Islands from the early 1970s to the late 1980s .
I remember Jim - great bloke and good engineer. Ask him if he wants to have a beer with me and talk ****e!

Nick Anders ex Geest 2nd Mate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts