Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoops, I forgot to wish HM Queen Elizabeth II happy birthday yesterday. For those of us not from the Sceptered Isle, she was 80 on 21st April.

Unfortunately, I also inadvertantly missed Adolf Hitler's birthday the day before. Adolf, now working in a supermarket in Asuncion, Paraguay, was 117 on the 20th April - 'tut mir leid, Adolf.

John T.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Yup you're right John so many happy returns to Lizzie Tudor. (Hippy)

·
Registered
508 Posts
thunderd said:
Yup you're right John so many happy returns to Lizzie Tudor. (Hippy)
Long may she reign...splice the mainbrace Mr. Moderator!! Vix

·
Registered
508 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Happy B,day Mam.
Had a wee dram for Elizabeth & another for St George.
Poor dragon had to settle for a larger.
Bless'em all.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well my father would disagree but I think we would be better off with a Republic, but I wish her well on her birthday.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Steady on Mermaid lashed to the formast yea may be and flogged by some jolly jack tar... proposing we be ruled by Tony Blair next..LOL (Cloud)

·
Registered
7,567 Posts
mermaid said:
Well my father would disagree but I think we would be better off with a Republic, but I wish her well on her birthday.
Mermaid in your Republic, which corrupt businessman/woman, have you in mind to be President.

Frank

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY your MAJ, never mind about PRESCOT or BLAIR, we will protect you, send all the politicions to Australia to break rocks up, have a nice one, marm.

·
Registered
7,567 Posts
QUOTE:BY mermaid........ Frank, one that can be democratically voted out of office if they do a bad job. Are all businessmen and women corrupt?
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Mermaid, I did not say that all businessmen/women are corrupt.... I have nothing against honest business people.

I will say that, It is my veiw that most businessmen/women who want to be President's of their respective countries are corrupt, one only has to look at the present crop of businessmen/women who have made it to the President's job, Shinawatra, Chirac, Berlusconi, Arroyo, the list is a long one.

Frank

·
Registered
159 Posts
You forgot Bush Frank, sorry you did say the list was long, I thought you would have Bush at the head of it. Is this thread on Mess Deck? if not we had better get off politics.

·
Registered
43 Posts
the younger members wont remember but I can and I remember when the Queen (then Princess Elizabeth) was in uniform driuving a red cross ambulance in the ATS during the last war and that is alot more than some of the garbage we got running the country now mateys

·
Registered
43 Posts
God bless and keep the Queen for as long as she lives we would be in a sorry state without her and Prince Phillip, but there is a lot left to be desired about the rest of the Royals.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts