Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone remember or heard lately from Geoff Meadway (Geoffrey P. Meadway) - BP Navigating Cadet with me in Plymouth back in the 1970s. I seem to remember he came from Sussex.

We shared a room in Standard House for our final phase there, he had a yellow Messerschmitt car then!

Spoke to him once after that when he was in dry-dock on a BP job in Singapore and I was with Wallem Shipmanagement (UK) on the Nordic Breeze.

Good friend when we were in Plymouth, always wondered where he ended up.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Anyone remember or heard lately from Geoff Meadway (Geoffrey P. Meadway) - BP Navigating Cadet with me in Plymouth back in the 1970s. I seem to remember he came from Sussex.

We shared a room in Standard House for our final phase there, he had a yellow Messerschmitt car then!

Spoke to him once after that when he was in dry-dock on a BP job in Singapore and I was with Wallem Shipmanagement (UK) on the Nordic Breeze.

Good friend when we were in Plymouth, always wondered where he ended up.
Geoff,

As far as I know he came Thane in Kent, not Sussex. I have never come across him. Last ship I know he was on was Kennet May 1985 ,Chief Officer.
Graham

·
Registered
35 Posts
Geoffrey P. Meadway

Geoffrey P. Meadway wife Philippa on the 2012 Electoral roll in Chichester, no trace since.
There is a Douglas Paget Meadway in Chichester 29 years old, could he be a son.?

·
Premium Member
9,042 Posts
Tried to PM you, but doesn't seem to work :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Geoff Meadway

I was at Plymouth doing my 2nd mate's from Sept 72 to Jan 73, I think that Geoff was in the same class, We had Fred Weeks and Graham Danton as lecturers. Excellent! Most of the class were tanker men from BP and Shell, I was with LOF and had sailed on tankers/general cargo and bulk. We had a lot of dialogue about the joys of tween decks and spar ceilings!
We were the first class to take the metric 2nd mate's exam, I took mine in London and only 3 out of 60 passed. I was fortunate and passed. Geoff was a great classmate at Plymouth.
Best
David Reid AFNI
[author of Eight Down]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts