13,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any info. on the bucklaw from 1962 on,photo and run please,thank you ,
p.s not the gas tanker unless they converted her

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Ahoy dom,

The Bucklaw was built in 05-1943 at Grangemouth Dockyard Co.Ltd.
LR:505460
Owner:G.Gibson & Co Ltd.
Flag:British
P.o.R.:Leith
Call/Flag Sign:MMGJ
Tons:420
DWT:525
LOA x B x D: 181'0" x 31'6" x 10'7¼"
Eng:Oil 2 SA 7Cy.250x420mm British Auxiliaries Ltd.-Glasgow

Note:Source from LR1965-1966

Could it be this one?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
"Bucklaw"was sold to Greek owners in 1967 and renamed "Christina", 1969 renamed "Pelasgos" and then "Thunder" (Panama flag). 23 March 1973 sank in heavy weather 36.44N 26.11E (North of Crete) on passage Eleusis to Famagusta with a cargo of trucks and machinery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice to see the old "Bucklaw " again. Looked back the old book--Willie Scott and Alex. Kennedy were the skippers when I was on her. Willie Easton was the skipper on the "Borthwick "in 57/58. Alex. Kennedy was also on the "Cardrona"
I remember one of the Gibson's skippers was reduced to Mate because he fiddled the National Insurance Stamp money. Made up again when they were short! Check out the "Books " thread for my entry on G. Gibson.
fred

" the little dog is dead and gone,
he'll trouble us no more.
for what he thought was H2O,
was H2SO4. "

·
Registered
13,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dom

he was mate on the ettrick with me had the cheek to complain to the wharfies when they were nicking tomatoes from no two,w scott was skipper on the quentin,cant remember the skipper on the abbotsford/drybrough?when i took her to venezuela,as isaid j johnson the "kirkgate bull" was on the melrose,greate used to go ashore with him and the customs in kirkcaldy with the extrx bottles and cigs.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I see the name Cardrona mentioned was she not one of the fastest ships on the NE coast,instead of going back deep-sea I spent a summer on the NE coast owing to family matters,and I also remember there was another one that ran on the coast the same time Eildon or a name very much like that

·
Registered
13,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dom

yes, the cardrona was on the n.e. coal run,thats the one the funds? was used by the skipper, not sure about the eildon,they did have one with that name,never came across it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts