Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping to find Gilbert George [GG] Saunders, Old Worcester '51 and Apprentice with Shaw Savill Lines. We sailed together on "Taranaki" 1952, for two voyages. Last heard of in Lyttelton NZ aboard a Shell? tanker, sailing out of Singapore. Any information via this forum would be gratefully received.
Grifmar

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I sailed with a Capt. Gilbert Saunders (don't know about the George) on Townsends Ferries later P&O Ferries in the 80's out of Dover. He was quite a big man and also quite a character. He is retired now but still lives in the area I believe.

Trader

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks Trader, sounds like the man. He originated in Dover prior to TS
Thanks once again. Telephone Book now my next option for the Dover area. Grifmar

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trader. Many thanks for your assistance, the man has now been found and that was due to your assistance. We are in communication. Grifmar

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Gilbert Saunders

R.Philip Griffin said:
Trader. Many thanks for your assistance, the man has now been found and that was due to your assistance. We are in communication. Grifmar
Pleased to have been of assistance Grifmar. I sailed with Gilbert for several years on the Dover/Calais/Zeebruge service on the "European Trader". I was on her for ten years as AB/QM.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
SN Success

Pat McCardle said:
Another SN success!!
Hi Pat,

Although I have been a member since July 2005 I have only been posting for about one month as my PC broke down as soon as I joined and have only just got back on line.

In that one month I have managed to put three different lots of people in touch with each other. What a great website.

Trader

1 - 8 of 8 Posts