Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I was on board too, I was then Alan Hull, assigned as a Junior Engineering Officer for the one trip. After it happened I was offered a flight home from Japan or stay with the ship. I stayed and was then quickly moved to another ship. What happened to you? What happened to Duffy? Were you MN or RN? I was USN

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glenfalloch in Shanghai

I was a second trip midshipman on the Glenfalloch when she was arrested in Shanghai, I do recall ChrisG and remember the voyage well for many reasons, much of which was a steep learning curve. I think I.D.***mings was the senior middy, Ian Martin a fellow half deck resident together with two others whose names I regret to say escape me. I left the company before completing my indenture but would like to get in touch with other halfdeckers .

·
Registered
256 Posts
Reviving an old thread.
I sailed on the Glenfalloch from Singapore to London in March 1963 as additional Electrician after leaving the Gorgon, I remember it was the first and only Glen or BF.ship I ever sailed on that had Air Conditioning, what a luxury that was. The Snr Electrician was Tom Archer, I had previously sailed with Tom on the Breconshire in 1960.
Anyone Remember Tom. A great Guy.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi Bob,,,,,Looks like you would have followed me onto the Breconshire, I left her in March 1961. If i remember right Tom lived in St Helen's, He would have done many trips on the old Breconshire, i think he liked it because she usually called in at least two ports in Japan where he had friends , i cant remember him bothering to go ashore in Singapore or Hong kong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts