1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Saw this in The Telegraph today too.....remembering what happened with Rainbow Warrior seems that the oceans are a prime area of action,sometimes not always with the same logic I would adopt..........but like religion a matter of personal choice.....providing they are not endangering others in the process.

geoff

·
Registered
895 Posts
Perhaps she should try swimming in front of the propeller next time, she'll get a wider spread in the Press as well as the ocean

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Why can't everybody behave themselves, instead of all this protesting and activism to slow down progress. Why could she not have stayed home and written letters to the editor of her favourite newspaper or local MP. Did we not elect them to do the right thing for us and the world? I don't know but, it seems to me that the people in charge everywhere can be trusted to look after our best interests without all these dramatic shenanigans by Greenpeace and the like.

Don't yer think!

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
She could cross my bows any time. I wouldn’t put up much of a protest.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The seismic array can be comprised of 16 solid streamers, each with a length of 6,000 m. Streamer spacing will be nominally 50 m, and sail line spacing will be 400 m. The total size of the towed array will be 750 m wide and 6,000 m long. 15 rugby pitches wide and 50 in length
You can imagine manoeuvring this mass of submerged otter boards, depth control birds and tail buoys is not easy. Only the skill of the crew manage not to kill people silly enough to jump in front of the ship, The time wasted retrieving the spread is enormous. Making exploration more difficult seems to be counter productive. Until a viable alternative is found, oil is the cheapest source of transportable energy around. Greenpeace could help by designing better systems rather than risking death.(Cloud)

·
Registered
18,770 Posts
Why can't everybody behave themselves, instead of all this protesting and activism to slow down progress. Why could she not have stayed home and written letters to the editor of her favourite newspaper or local MP. Did we not elect them to do the right thing for us and the world? I don't know but, it seems to me that the people in charge everywhere can be trusted to look after our best interests without all these dramatic shenanigans by Greenpeace and the like.

Don't yer think!
I'm guessing you're being facetious about trusting the MPs, Samsette.

I think she'd have got better coverage if she'd done it in the nude. Not sure when this happened, I'd say she got a pardon from NZ's professional breast feeder P.M.

John T

·
Premium Member
10,418 Posts
Surely the professional was known as a 'wet nurse'. I did see that a stewardess had given some away to keep a passenger quiet. I think there is probably an age bar on that service or possibly Club Class and above only.

·
Registered
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Onto breasts in 9 posts, that’s got to be close to a record

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I'm guessing you're being facetious about trusting the MPs, Samsette.

I think she'd have got better coverage if she'd done it in the nude. Not sure when this happened, I'd say she got a pardon from NZ's professional breast feeder P.M.John T
Me, facetious? How can you possibly think that.

Reefrat's description of the vast arrays streamed from that ship tells me that she was lucky not to have been entangled in some of it. As to her silly actions and politicians; it says the NZ government changed its mind about oceanic oil exploration of its waters - so, did she not achieve something by it all?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Never mind, she wouldn't have come to any harm, she had her hard hat on!!!

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Rainbow Warrior is in Melbourne today 20/11 flying the aboriginal flag above the Australian flag which is treason by my standards.
Says it all to me.
I refuse to even post a photo of the vessel.(Cloud)
Sadly no sign of any 'Frog' people in the water.

·
Registered
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nope still not getting it. Never known them to use violence just peaceful protest

1 - 20 of 33 Posts