Ships Nostalgia banner

2201 - 2203 of 2203 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello,
I am Ronald Ribbe, from Breskens, The Netherlands.
I found this topic on the Grimsby trawler history.
For my personal research, I am looking for some history on a small beam trawler which was build in 1963 my hometown and sold to Grimsby in 1967.
She was called "Vier Gebroeders" (Four Brothers) ARM-12, from Arnemuiden, The Netherlands. What I found already is her Grimsby name, which was "Birkdale" GY-1401. She was owned by Stenton Trawlers Ltd.
What I would like to know is what became of her... a source says she was lost at sea, but not for 100% certain...
I do have a photo of her, when she conducted her first sea-trails as "Vier Gebroeders" ARM-12
I hope someone can help me out.

With kindest regards,
Ronald Ribbe, Breskens NL
www.rorifocus.nl

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Newbuild in progress at Padmos Shipyard in Stellendam Holland. A brand-new flyshoot-twinrig trawler called "Hendrika Jacoba" GY-127.
When delivered, she will replace the old "Hendrika Jacoba" GY-127, build in 1982 as a beam trawler.
The new trawler will be 25 x 8 meters and fitted with a ABC or Mitsubishi main engine.
Due to the Covid-19 crisis, her commissioning will be delayed, but she will be in service before the end of 2020.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Steve,I have a photograph of the Tanana GY 349 lying hard aground on a island in the Westray Firth Orkney,the crew being saved by the Stronsay lifeboat,this happened in 1958.I cannot post the pic.because it is in a book that i have,you know the score with copy-rights.It is definatly the same boat as the funnel at the back of the superstructure stands out clear in the pic.
Wully.
I took the photo of the Tanana a few days after she went ashore on the Clumps, off the south end of Westray, Orkney, early in the morning of Sunday 05.10.1958.
If anyone wants details of the grounding or copies of my photos please contact me at - [email protected] .
GSB

2201 - 2203 of 2203 Posts