21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
For those with an interest in HAL - Holland American Line

https://www.captainalbert.com/30-july-2020-rotterdam-vi/

30 July 2020; Rotterdam VII; July 30, 2020 / Captain Albert / 37 Comments

I normally do not post during my leave but I am making an exception as what was announced today is very important for the company but also goes right to the core of my belief that strong roots make it easier to go forward. Hence a small blog with the news, although, no doubt, the news will come from everywhere tomorrow.
Unquote

And LOTS more ......

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
For those with an interest in HAL - Holland American Line.

Hand-up, I have little interest in Holland America Line other than to acknowledge they employ many Officers who were trained in Cork. The Dutchman always went for quality.
We, including the Memsahib, have never cruised with HAL but would do so if they gave us Diamond Plus privileges same-same Royal Caribbean.

·
Premium Member
11,447 Posts
For those with an interest in HAL - Holland American Line.

We, including the Memsahib, have never cruised with HAL but would do so if they gave us Diamond Plus privileges same-same Royal Caribbean.

How many days Diamond level with RCCI?

HAL does:

Copper 100 days, Silver 250 days, Gold 500 and Platinum 700.

The next step with HAL is 'President Club' for 1,400 days.

I have a long way to go. Need another 444 days.... to Pres. Club.

Stephen

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Diamond Plus 175 nights.
Suite passengers ac***ulate at twice the rate.
HAL tariff is a bit of a ballbreaker, wonder how it compares to rest of the Carnival fleets?

·
Premium Member
11,447 Posts
Diamond Plus 175 nights.
Suite passengers ac***ulate at twice the rate.
HAL tariff is a bit of a ballbreaker, wonder how it compares to rest of the Carnival fleets?
HAL does the same with Suites.... twice the rate.

When you get to 500 nights (meaning 250 suite nights) but when you start going for 500 gold, 700 platinum nights then it is real nights, nothing ]to do with the suite nonsense.

Cunard Diamond is 120 nights. What a crock! That could be in one cruise.... around the world. :)

With HAL... if you cruise with Seabourn, Carnival, P&O, Princess, Costa, Aida etc you will get perks. That is worth while.

Stephen

21 - 28 of 28 Posts