Ships Nostalgia banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Hi Colin, Can't get over your incredible output of authentic models - and to such a large scale! Amazing.
Any possibility that you might know of a J.Crowfoot? He was on Lowestoft trawlers back in the 60s and 70s. I was lucky enough to buy a couple of his models - of 'Green Pastures' LT740 and 'EWB' LT1124.
Best regards, AB.

· Registered
19 Posts
Colin that's unthinkable! When I read it I was thinking you had 4 left, but how the hell you can work at ANY scale with 4 MISSING escapes me.
Great to hear you know Joe Crowfoot, I'm not surprised his stuff is valuable, the models I have of his are about 1/96th - 1/8 per foot and are gorgeous little framed and glazed dioramas. They are dripping with real character and very obvious first-hand knowledge. Is he still up and running?
I've made models all my life and usually scratch. The few kits I've tackled I found pretty ropey on materials. I started during the war, making naval ships mainly from balsa as I didn't have the tools to tackle harder stuff.
I enjoyed working in card and paper too. Nowadays I try to work at about 12ft per inch because anything larger involves some pretty serious detail. I have a struggle with rigging at this scale but must try some of Bob Wilson's methods, how he gets through his ships in such short order is a wonder, but that brings us back to you sir - same story!
Best regards,
AB.
P.S. Which wood glues do you use most on your models?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.