Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please help?
The schooner or brigantine "Success" was wrecked at Irvine in the Clyde on 27th February 1860. Some reports say she was UK flag, others that she was French, of Nantes, and other reports tell that the entire crew of five were drowned, but seven crew were actually buried in the churchyard.
Is anyone able to give me any information on this vessel or point me in the right direction to get correct details? I need this information for a family tree history. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
12,975 Posts
clydesiderman said:
Can anyone please help?
The schooner or brigantine "Success" was wrecked at Irvine in the Clyde on 27th February 1860. Some reports say she was UK flag, others that she was French, of Nantes, and other reports tell that the entire crew of five were drowned, but seven crew were actually buried in the churchyard.
Is anyone able to give me any information on this vessel or point me in the right direction to get correct details? I need this information for a family tree history. Thank you.

Could this be the one

The Success was a schooner built at Ulverston in 1798. She was registered at Kirkcudbright in 1836, then at Dumfries in 1842, when she was owned by her master, Capt.Robert Bee. Her registry was transferred to Ramsey in 1855.
Name Year Built Net Tons Length (feet) Breadth (feet) Depth (feet) Masts
Success 1798 42 44.4 14.5 6. 9 1 ?? None Square
Figurehead Stern Lloyd's Classn

1 - 2 of 2 Posts