Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I could not find a section for this post, so when it doubt ask an Engineer.

I am building a scale model ship but I need to confirm the rotation of the propellers.

I have attached the only two photographs I have of the actual ship which was an Ostende Ferry m/s Prins Albert.

Regards

Attachments

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Thank you Gentlemen.

That makes it easy and I now have the props in their place and reaby for final mounting in the hull.

Regards

·
Premium Member
10,269 Posts
My advocate insisted in clarifying my will to mention my silver watch and gold Albert as "gold Albert watch chain"

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Varley, if I had a gold watch chain, I would have to get a gold watch to hang on it. That alone would preclude your intended use of the chain as a Prince Albert (if I understand you correctly).

If I have misunderstood you, I apologise.

·
Premium Member
10,269 Posts
The chain (in the form of an anchor cable) I forced myself to afford. The watch I could only justify in silver. I did have a second hand Waltham in gold to go with my original gold Albert which was made with chain from one Grandfather and a 'fob' from the other. Lifted from my suit when I was burgled in Glasgow for the second time).

(There is nothing attached to the chain with flukes so I don't think it could be dual purpose)

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Robbed in Glasgow once, unlucky. Twice, irresponsible. Saw Alec Salmond wearing an identical chain and fob the other day. Looked very nice, and Alec looked very smug. (*))

·
Registered
728 Posts
Starman Anglia's Deutz engines were both same handed rather than opposites and they wondered why in the early days that one engine had high exhaust temperatures. They must have got the engine cheap or somebody at Smith's Dock worked a flanker.
It was going astern in effect and had to be retimed, it was ok after that.
Cannot remember if it was a reversing gearbox or they revesed the engines. After 'blow through with air' it went to bridge control, so was quite boring on stand by's as most bridge control vessels were.
Nothing like manouvring a Doxford through sets of locks to make the watch go by fast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts