Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This pic was taken in the summer of 74, when the college closed for summer hols, exept for engineering cadets who had to stay on for a coarse in the workshops. I can't remember how long this ran for before we were allowed on holiday.

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
This pic was taken in the summer of 74, when the college closed for summer hols, exept for engineering cadets who had to stay on for a coarse in the workshops. I can't remember how long this ran for before we were allowed on holiday.
I seem to recall that it was either 3 or 4 weeks, sweating in the workshops, I must have missed out being in the picture...
Happy memories....

Cheers

·
Registered
45 Posts
It was about 6 weeks.We only had 3 weeks summer holiday.
Remember it as being a scorcher of a summer.
Can recognise a few people on the photo, bit I am not on it.
Dave Garner, Cunard cadet.
I am now in Daewoo shipyard in Korea, leaving tomorrow for 4 days of sea trials on a new ship. As far as I know, only me and Mick Packer (Chevron) are still at sea.I work for Maersk.

·
Registered
411 Posts
It was about 6 weeks.We only had 3 weeks summer holiday.
Remember it as being a scorcher of a summer.
Can recognise a few people on the photo, bit I am not on it.
Dave Garner, Cunard cadet.
I am now in Daewoo shipyard in Korea, leaving tomorrow for 4 days of sea trials on a new ship. As far as I know, only me and Mick Packer (Chevron) are still at sea.I work for Maersk.
Hi Dave, lomg time, but do remember you.... great to see some one has kept their shifter in their boiler suit !

Was Mick Packer also known as "Pac A Mack"........

Have a successfuly "cruise"...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I cannot see me, but I recognise some in the pic. Here goes:
Bottom left, Paul Smithy was a VP for Wartsila in the US, might still be.
Middle at the back, Cam Maclean, retired now, lives in Botley, Hants.
I must have been skivving to miss the pic, lol. And just look at those cars...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pete Paton is on the left. I wouldn't mind a copy of this if u can email it. You are right it was 6 weeks. I think it was that time we went to see Maria from the Marine Plant annex.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mick Packer. Good guy. Used to play football with him as well. He did his knee in a game against the Royal Navy and limped badly through the last few months of college. I thought he would struggle as well at sea caused he probably needed what was then major op. Good to know he was ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts