Ships Nostalgia banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,284 Posts
I was going to put E-S out of his misery as well. But then I thought a bit of misery would do him good!

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Misery is my middle name.
Well until my very good Local opens.

PS. After four and a half months at sea GKA was my best friend and Marconi Sabih was his representative on earth. "Are we on the traffic list?"

·
Registered
536 Posts
I once sailed with a Captain who had a pad of Received Marconigram forms in his desk drawer.
He occasionally would type out a "received" message and leave it on his desk for the 2nd steward to read and hence start a rumour running.
After being advised by the 2nd steward one day that we had orders to discharge not in NW Europe but N America I had a chat with the mate who covertly removed the pad from the desk drawer and I locked all my forms away.
Nothing was ever mentioned .........

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Tony not sure if my last reply went through, just need to know when the last QSO went as I haven't received one in awhile.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Your book sounds wonderful - I've ordered a copy from Amazon (US).

People who buy the book from Amazon - I hope you'll put a review up - it makes a great difference!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Postage and Packing rates for signed copies of the Portishead Radio/GKA history book have now been worked out.

In the UK the P&P will be £3.00 for 1 book, £4.50 for 2 books and £6.00 for 3 books. You can order through the link on the website:

https://portisheadradio.godaddysites.com/gka-book

P&P for Europe is £6.50, N and S America/Africa/Asia is £10 and Australia/NZ £11.00 for 1 book. Please contact me for prices for multiple copies.

The price of the book itself is £9.99 and copies are due to be received here by the end of next week. They will be sent out immediately after receipt.

Of course you will still be able to obtain the book through Amazon and other on-line retailers, athough these will not be signed.

Larry +

·
Premium Member
2,043 Posts
Larry, I sent you an email to the address we have for you on the ROA membership list. Did it land? I used a BT address.

·
Premium Member
2,043 Posts
Hi Tony not sure if my last reply went through, just need to know when the last QSO went as I haven't received one in awhile.
Hi David. The post in this country is very erratic at the moment. I only just received my QSO five days after another member who lives in Essex. Give it a bit longer and if nothing lands then we will send you another.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi David. The post in this country is very erratic at the moment. I only just received my QSO five days after another member who lives in Essex. Give it a bit longer and if nothing lands then we will send you another.
Since I live in California it will probably take a little longer, but haven't had one this year at all. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Larry, I sent you an email to the address we have for you on the ROA membership list. Did it land? I used a BT address.
Hi Tony,

Can't seem to find a recent email from you - I will see if got lost in my spam filter. My email is indeed a btinternet.com one.

If not please private message me on here.

Cheers

Larry

·
Registered
186 Posts
Postage and Packing rates for signed copies of the Portishead Radio/GKA history book have now been worked out.

In the UK the P&P will be £3.00 for 1 book, £4.50 for 2 books and £6.00 for 3 books. You can order through the link on the website:

https://portisheadradio.godaddysites.com/gka-book

P&P for Europe is £6.50, N and S America/Africa/Asia is £10 and Australia/NZ £11.00 for 1 book. Please contact me for prices for multiple copies.

The price of the book itself is £9.99 and copies are due to be received here by the end of next week. They will be sent out immediately after receipt.

Of course you will still be able to obtain the book through Amazon and other on-line retailers, athough these will not be signed.

Larry +
Greetings Larry,
Just ordered the Book through the above link. Looking forward to receiving my signed copy and re living some of the memories from a time passed. Best of luck with book.
Regards,
Pat.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
For those intending to order their book through the GKA website, there was a glitch which prevented overseas orders from applying the correct postage rate. Therefore I have removed the automatic link to PayPal to allow prospective purchasers to use the correct tariff.

Costs have not changed - just an extra step or two in the ordering process.

Thank you all for the astounding response - over 80 pre-orders via the website alone over the last 24 hours!

Larry +

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Ordered mine on Amazon Australia. $24 including postage. Perhaps you can send me a post it note with your autograph on it,only joking.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Ordered mine on Amazon Australia. $24 including postage. Perhaps you can send me a post it note with your autograph on it,only joking.
You'll get one of the rare unsigned copies! Can't compete with that price at UK postage rates, it costs more than the price of the book to send a copy outside of Europe, even at printed paper rate.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts