1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kia Ora, I guess there,s a heap of members on here who are retired,and I,m
sure that when y,all are not sitting in front of the flickering screen,getting
all maudlin,you may have a hobby.
As for myself,I took up woodcarving in 1970,now its a nice little earner,and it keeps me out of er,indoor,s way.

wakaman (Thumb)

·
Registered
398 Posts
apart from work as i do.i enjoy building models and shipping stuff.and sometimes the computer when it works (Cloud) lol most of the time is work but models to and the mrs suffers not.taking ships photo as well.but here in port botany its near impossible to.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Retired?... I wish it were so!!!!!!!

I confuse myself with computers at work and at home, and sometimes I run and hide in the garage where I try to reach myself woodturning.

Regards

·
Registered
698 Posts
The trouble with retirement is that you no longer have the marvellous excuse that you can't take on this or that because you have to go to WORK! The other problem is that everything takes much longer, due to diminished efficiency.
In my limited time, I try to sail my little yacht each Saturday, do a little design work for our rapidly decaying house, on the computer, and try to figure out how best to scan ancient photos on to this great website. On rare occasions I manage to do some serious woodwork, and believe it or not, most of the cooking at our place!

·
Registered
805 Posts
One dug out one's Fiesta Red Stratocaster and took up annoying the neigbours again after a twenty year break,mostly sixties instrumentals,one must be the only sixty year old that got a guitar Amplifier for xmas.
(*))

·
Registered
120 Posts
hobbys

i am not retired but do tend to have a lot of time off im lucky enough to live in a forest park and am surrounded by mountains the main pastime here is mountain biking but that is definatly not my idea of fun mountain walking and bird watching are more suited to my size and pace i also class my self as a pub athlete darts dominoes and pool are my chosen sports do these class as hobbys or pastimes (Hippy)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ships mail

Hi There
My current Hobby is collecting Ships mail, Any ship can post mail with stamps on from the port of Registeration, this can be posted anywhere in the world, the post office then cancels with a special PAQUETBOT cancel, thats what I collect
anyone at sea or interested drop me a line
Fred

·
Registered
491 Posts
Having been retired for 5 months (I call it unemployed until next year when i'm 65) I would like to know where the spare time comes for Hobbies, I have been trying for years to put my N guage model railway up, looks like it will be another few years before that happens

·
KIWI
473 Posts
Been retired 19 years & still can't figure out how I found time to work.Lawn bowls summer & with the advent of artificial greens winter.House & grounds to look after,what took 6 hours to do is now 12 plus.With the arrival of this computer one almost has to make time to get down to the club house for a chota peg & a discussion on Rugby or some other serious subject.KIWI

·
Registered
46 Posts
Retired!

During my time at sea, I made museum-quality ship models to 1;100 scale and sold many to the Company I worked for (as C/Engr.) This was a great little earner! Now, in retirement, I build large radio-controlled scale aircraft, which tests 'er indoor's patience, as there are models on all the wardrobe tops and garage space.
The thing is, that in retirement you HAVE to have a hobby or interest of some sort, if you want to stay in the land of the living. It doesn't matter what it may be - but if it gets you out of the house for a while on a fairly active hobby, so much the better! I also attend night school courses for advanced Spanish lessons, and I will be 71 years old in a few days.........

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
How on earht can you have a hobby when all spare time is taken up on SN. This is relaxation at it's finest.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Members...great response,but dont be shy shipmates!!! if you are into
flower arrangement,macrame,crochet,let us know,we wont laugh (*)) (*))

Bobby 388 Bingo !!!..ROTFL (Fly)

·
Registered
508 Posts
wakaman said:
Hey Members...great response,but dont be shy shipmates!!! if you are into flower arrangement,macrame,crochet,let us know,we wont laugh
Kia ora Wakaman...I've got at least 2 hobbies when I'm not working for pay or volunteering...one is making home-made-wine...the other is...testing it!!! (Night)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Four more years to go before my retirement. Reading what u mates are doing, I'm not so sure if I'm in any hurry to retire. For the time beeing all my sparetime goes into taking care of my old wooden house(built in 1842) and chopping wood . How am I going to manage when I'm not having any holidays anymore?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Poor old coots

Similar stories all round. At least, none us seem likely to die of boredom!
Today had a great sail, took a few pics which I may post. All other things permitting!
AC.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts