Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Six well known vessels from Harland and Wolff, none before 1950 so can you work out their names.
A STYLE A NECK
HARD HAT LINE
SONS CURT HORSE
HAMSTER CELL MINER
A DUCK LANE FOREST
TIE CART BURNISH.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well done lads I take my hat off to your skill. Would you like some more?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi Oul Hand.
Sailed on the British Centaur on her maiden voyage in january 66 out of Belfast for the gulf. It was weird crossing the Bay, a lovely moonlit night and you could clearly see the ship flexing with what looked like ripples running back the deck. It took a while to realise what it was. There was a much harsher effect in the steep head sea at the bottom of the Red Sea when she bucked quite strongly and creaked in a steady rhythm. If you stood by the manifolds amidships and looked aft you could see the stern moving up and down against the background of the horizon. I seem to remember that the bucking was quite strong back aft and you had to get into the rhythm to walk properly.
Regards,
Richard.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Tmac,

You spelt their names all wrong!

No wonder there was all that confusion about whether it was Titanic that sunk! Probably had a dyslexic signwriter at H&W. (LOL)

Brian

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
benjidog said:
Tmac,

You spelt their names all wrong!

No wonder there was all that confusion about whether it was Titanic that sunk! Probably had a dyslexic signwriter at H&W. (LOL)

Brian
I used to be dyslexic but I'm KO now!! LOL Hey Brian now don't you start all that again, you know fine well Titanic was swapped with Olympic and was sunk by aliens disguised as an icecube. (*))

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Norman Trewren said:
Assimilated by the Borg, Tmac......... (*))
Very probably Norman, I understand the Borg are terribly troubled by Klingons (*))

4,847 Posts
Tmac1720 said:
Very probably Norman, I understand the Borg are terribly troubled by Klingons (*))
"Theres Klingons on the Starboard bow, starboard bow, starboard bow!
Theres Kilngons on the starboard bow, starboard bow, Jim!"

(Oh God, Coasties got me "singing" now) (K)

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Chief Engineer's Daughter said:
"Theres Klingons on the Starboard bow, starboard bow, starboard bow!
Theres Kilngons on the starboard bow, starboard bow, Jim!"

(Oh God, Coasties got me "singing" now) (K)
He's on holiday so make the most of it, "silence is golden, golden" aww crap he's got me at it now (K)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts