Ships Nostalgia banner

201 - 203 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
There is a book called BATTLESHIP WHARF by Horace White and is the history of Hughes Bolckow printed in 1961
I downloaded it off the internet haven't a clue as to where it came from.
It's a very interesting book giving the history of the company from beginning to end

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hughes Bolckow Teak Garden Furniture

Hi I have just inherited some teak garden furniture that was made from the decking (?) taken from the RMS Armadale Castle. Could someone please let me know when the Armadale was destroyed. I am thinking it was around c1936. Not sure on it's value but after reading some of the posts I am getting quiet attached to it....
Well-that's interesting! Our teak bench was rescued from a N London park -it was being skipped but my father-in-law got two of them.They are from the S S Eastern prince which was scrapped in the 30s and each has a plaque on the back rail with the Hughes Bolckow information. Have just used a pressure washer to clean all the algae and lichen off our one today ready for some danish oil-think it will last another 80 odd years....so well made.I don't know its value as a nearly antique but a similar new one today would be a few hundred pounds for sure.

201 - 203 of 203 Posts