Ships Nostalgia banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking for any information on the tugs that worked Hull fish dock (ST Andrews) in the 1950s ...60s, who owned them what they were named, at that time there were over 150 trawlers in or out of that dock every three weeks 24 hours a day. I guess the tugs must of been small as the dock was small and sometimes crowded and trawlers unloaded at one side and bunkerd at the other,the tugs i bet were very busy.........Was it witickers barge that supply'd fuel oil. There may even be someone who worked on the tugs, thanks

· Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have i been dreaming ut i am sure there was a ship on scarbrough mere called the Hisoanolia it ran on underwarter rails, i think it was 1960s i went on it i think......I may have dreamt this up.?

· Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Peasholme park is in the north of Scarbrough and did enact the battles. The mere is in the south and it did run a ship on underwater rails but was it the Hispaniola?.... Scarbrough mere is a great place to fish and has a tea shop i think it is a fiver to fish the mere.

· Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hi captainconfusion. Please read slowly scarbrough mere is in scarbrough, Hornsea mere is in Hornsea and Hornsea is 30 miles from scarbrough, i know i live there. You sir do live up to your name

1 - 16 of 16 Posts