Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hurricane TEDDY heading for Bermuda. Two direct hit hurricanes in one week. Like bowling alley! Expect to be Category 3 by Friday and back to Category 2 by Sunday/Monday.

Finally back onto internet, but no cable Telly yet. No problem, i have full set DVD Daziel & Pascoe.

Stephen

·
Premium Member
11,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Here is the report for midday today, Expected as a direct hit. Weekly hurricane! One report says the storm might be downgraded to Cat 2 and might past a but to the east. That would be great.
Stephen

·
Registered
7,397 Posts
I am amused to note that you have posted this in 'Stormy Weather'
Literally appropriate, now it no longer has its original intended function, and restrictions, apparently.
If you go off line again, we know where you are.

·
Premium Member
11,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Malcolm,

If we get this storm on the weekend I will be using lots of Non PC language!

Th hurricane seems heading to the east of the Island, Max winds 120 knots, but from from spot might be only about 70. Every knot matters!

Stephen

·
Premium Member
11,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Two photos. Which one? One looks like a broken leg... the other looks like gangrene. I hope it was just the broken one!

·
Registered
7,397 Posts
It seems that Teddy is just passing you, a bit windy but not as bad as last week, so the news feeds tell me.
Next port of call, Canada!

·
Registered
11,536 Posts
I happen to live in what the call tornado alley and we loose power a lot, so I bought a generator that kicks on automatically if the power goes out. Best investment I have made. It evens turns itself on once a week and runs for 15 mins in order to keep the battery charged.

·
Premium Member
11,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Malcolm.... . The eye will go past in about another two hours. At the moment, NNE'ly 35 kts, gusts 50. At my place it is more like 10 knots. In the lee of a couple of hills and that helps. Tonight expecting NW'ly 30 to 40... gusts 50. Again, I'm in the lee.

Roger, Definitely the way to go for sure, but we have never had one. As soon as hurricane season ends we will forget it.... until next year!

Stephen

1 - 11 of 11 Posts