Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what happened to the Lady McGowan & Lady Roslin out of Irvine around about the 60s/70s. usually with explosives. ( hopefully not the obvious ) for trans shipping to deep sea vessels at anchor around the coast.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I joined the Lady Magowan as galley boy .. in 1952 after we all transferred from the Lady Gertrude Cochrane when she was laid up !!!..now that brings back memories..Collin

·
Registered
44 Posts
I spotted the lady McGowan alongside in Valletta harbour in 1982.She seemed to be laid-up at that time. Sorry I cannot remember the name she then had.
Robert(Roy)B.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was cabin boy in the lady McGowan during 75/76. I have fond memories of the ships cook, Harry Valentine. He was a great old guy. Once when we'd sailed across the North sea, I had drunk a full bottle of whisky; the night before. The following morning, while I was looking for Ralf, Harry made me serve the full cooked breakfast to all the crew. Needless to say, I never drunk that much again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was cabin boy in the lady McGowan during 75/76. I have fond memories of the ships cook, Harry Valentine. He was a great old guy. Once when we'd sailed across the North sea, I had drunk a full bottle of whisky; the night before. The following morning, while I was looking for Ralf, Harry made me serve the full cooked breakfast to all the crew. Needless to say, I never drunk that much again.
Hi, found site, I am captain John Fergusons grand son, and remember going on some journeys during the school holidays.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts