Ships Nostalgia banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a database about vessels used for filming, I am trying to identify this vintage yacht used in two episodes of the "Falcon Crest" TV series in 1982 and 1984. The only thing I know is that it was filmed in Marina Del Rey, California.

Does anyone happen to know this yacht or can give me a hint how to identify it? Thanks a lot!

·
Premium Member
11,941 Posts
Manfred,

I agree. Many similar features... and several differences. Might have been an earlier cabin and funnel... an earlier period.

Stephen

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Manfred and Stephen:

Thanks for your replies.

I was actually thinking about a Trumpy and found these two models that seem to be identical:

However, when I reached out to someone who is quite experienced with yachts, I got this reply:
"This yacht is more likely a Stephens than a Trumpy. The sheer and now are not indicative of Trumpy yachts. Stephens was a builder in California and there are still many of their yachts on the west coast today. It would have been very unlikely a Trumpy would be on the west coast."

I can't find a Stephens yacht that really matches the one I am looking for. That's one of the reasons why I trust your identification more than this obscure information. But what do you think? I'm not an expert at all. Thanks again!

By the way, I am attaching another screen grab from the TV show.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Manfred --
So many thanks for your help. That's really awesome. This seems to be the yacht in question, indeed.

Creating a full database for the show is a challenge. We've identified all the planes and most of the cars and are now working on the vessels. I think we have two or three more left, so I'll probably ask the experts here for some more help.

Thanks again for ID'ing this one, Manfred, and thanks to everyone for taking a look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts