Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the three last ships missing in our database for the "Falcon Crest" TV series is the attached vessel.

I am trying to identify this ship:

The scene was filmed at Pier 19 in San Francisco in July 1982.

I know the angles are difficult, and not much of the ship is visible, but unfortunately there is no better footage available. Thanks a lot for taking a look.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Hi TJP,
if I am not totally mistaken I believe that we are looking at the Colombian vessel CIUDAD DE TURBO, a C1-M-AV1 type built in 1945, IMO 5293286.
Only a few made it to 1982 and onwards, this is the only one with a green hull and light grey masts. Her brief history is in the provided link and my opinion is open for discussion of course.
Another candidate is CIUDAD DE ITAGUI, IMO 5296044, but I haven`t seen a photo yet.
Rgds, Manfred

CIUDAD DE TURBO - IMO 5293286 - ShipSpotting.com - Ship Photos and Ship Tracker

·
Premium Member
3,856 Posts
Hi TJP,
if I am not totally mistaken I believe that we are looking at the Colombian vessel CIUDAD DE TURBO, a C1-M-AV1 type built in 1945, IMO 5293286.
Only a few made it to 1982 and onwards, this is the only one with a green hull and light grey masts. Her brief history is in the provided link and my opinion is open for discussion of course.
Rgds, Manfred

CIUDAD DE TURBO - IMO 5293286 - ShipSpotting.com - Ship Photos and Ship Tracker
Good likeness, I never saw this one, but two other GranColombia (Ciudad De Cali, Ciudad De Medellin) ships had black hulls, built in Canada, I think.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Manfred, I am really impressed. This seems to be perfectly correct. Thank you so much for your help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts