Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Just a *****
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone got any information for the vessel "Inadua Beaver", or the company "West India Line".
The picture was taken in 1977 somewhere between the Persian Gulf and Curacao.
Could she have been an early Rig Supply Ship?. The funnel marking seems to be a diamond with a "C", or "G" in it. As to her cargo, I haven't a clue what she is carrying, looks like scrap.

Optimistically,
Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Inagua (?) Beaver

Could the first word of the name have been "Inagua"? This would make more of a link with West Indies - we used to use the Inagua passage when UK-bound from Jamaica.

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Bellinger Shipyards Inc. , Jacksonville FL ,Hull no. 101 Inagua Beaver , West Indies Shipping . Landing Craft. 299tons,built Aug-70 Now "Bin Hai 516"

·
Just a *****
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John,
Many thanks. I have been pondering this for years, The "G" certainly looks like a "D" in the photo, but a "G" it is. Now I can carry on with the next one.
Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
I

My father was chief mate on the "inagua gull" is there any one could provide a picture of the vessel and it's location?

·
ex-Denholm Moderator
11,591 Posts
Welcome

Enaric2,

On behalf of the SN Moderators, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey.
I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and I hope that someone will be able to help with your query – in the meantime have a good look around. (Thumb)

·
ex-Denholm Moderator
11,591 Posts
Inagua Gull, after a number of name changes is now Caribe Star 1.
This AIS information holds some details and a photograph - it looks like she is around Miami or the Bahamas. (Thumb)

·
Alan Smillie
839 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts