Ships Nostalgia banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I tried to find out what company was behind the four subject vessels when delivered and later sailed as Chiquita Bocas, Baru, Burica, Baracoa. One or two started under British flag, the others with Panama. Who managed these ships with the funnel black - red - buff and the white diamond in the red? Can anybody advise me, please?

Thanks Axel

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Hi,

I tried to find out what company was behind the four subject vessels when delivered and later sailed as Chiquita Bocas, Baru, Burica, Baracoa. One or two started under British flag, the others with Panama. Who managed these ships with the funnel black - red - buff and the white diamond in the red? Can anybody advise me, please?

Thanks Axel
Hello Axel,
Sounds like United Fruit, or the British division Elders & Fyffes.
BR

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Something I supposed due to the British Flag. I cannot find anything about who ordered these four sister ships.

Axel

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Thanks. Something I supposed due to the British Flag. I cannot find anything about who ordered these four sister ships.

Axel
Axel,

Have a look at this thread on Ships Nostalgia. The flag that you describe is that of the United Fruit Company (USA) who were owners of the British Flag shipping company called Elders & Fyffes. They later traded as Chiquita.

Good luck with your search

1 - 5 of 5 Posts