Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John Briggs crossed the bar three years ago today.
A much respected long term member of Ships Nostalgia.
I had the great privilege of staying with him a couple of times at his home in NSW, and had a fantastic time with him.
A man of great seafaring experience, and reached the highest pinnacles in several marine areas of expertise.
The greatest thing, I found, was that he remained every bodies man with no airs and graces.
A good man, and I'm sure still sadly missed.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
John/s postings were always those of a true gentleman . Sadly missed indeed as is Ben.

BW

J(Gleam)(Gleam)

·
Registered
885 Posts
John/s postings were always those of a true gentleman . Sadly missed indeed as is Ben.

BW

J(Gleam)(Gleam)
Always cheered me up when I saw his avatar. Miss him a good deal.
But we cannot hang around for ever. What does Omar Khayyam say:

Think, in this batter'd Caravanserai
Whose Doorways are alternate Night and Day
How Sultan after Sultan with his Pomp
Abode his hour or two, and went his away.

·
Premium Member
10,420 Posts
And:

Tis all a Chequer-board of nights and days
Where Destiny with men for Pieces plays:
Hither and thither moves, and mates, and slays,
And one by one back in the closet lays

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
John Briggs crossed the bar three years ago today.
A much respected long term member of Ships Nostalgia.
I had the great privilege of staying with him a couple of times at his home in NSW, and had a fantastic time with him.
A man of great seafaring experience, and reached the highest pinnacles in several marine areas of expertise.
The greatest thing, I found, was that he remained every bodies man with no airs and graces.
A good man, and I'm sure still sadly missed.
A great post Dicky. I exchanged PMs with John many times and as you say - Sadly missed.

JJ.

·
Nursie
5,820 Posts
Bless you all, I have just logged in after an absence of some time. Yes Dickyboy it was 3 years but in some ways it seems more like 20rs! The first 18 months were torturous but I won't go into that here.

What gave us away Holland 25? Yes there was 'an association' between John and I but we tried to keep it quiet on the site at the time. However, there were a few in the 'know' such as Dickyboy who stayed with us for a couple of memorable times. Bozo, John's dog, and I are both well, he is 12½yrs now but still a puppy at heart.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Welcome back Sister.
You have been missed.
Good to hear that you and Bozo are both well.

·
Super Moderator
3,532 Posts
Great pleasure to see you back Sister Eleff. You were sorely missed, as are the posts from Dick!

·
Premium Member
10,420 Posts
Good afternoon Sis, and welcome back indeed. Less of the sore please Art, you know her reputation with that syringe! David V

·
Premium Member
9,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bless you all, I have just logged in after an absence of some time. Yes Dickyboy it was 3 years but in some ways it seems more like 20rs! The first 18 months were torturous but I won't go into that here.

What gave us away Holland 25? Yes there was 'an association' between John and I but we tried to keep it quiet on the site at the time. However, there were a few in the 'know' such as Dickyboy who stayed with us for a couple of memorable times. Bozo, John's dog, and I are both well, he is 12½yrs now but still a puppy at heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42isnDsZB6M&list=PL_n18pG-vSb870Ll1eApuH-KIW54OUv1h&index=32
I didn't grass you up Sis, honest! :). I'm pleaded things are sorting themselves now. Very pleased that Bozo is okay as well. A lovely little pooch :D

Attachments

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Welcome back aboard, Sis!

Most things around here are in need of a health check and your pearls of wisdom are always welcome.

Best,

Barrie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts