Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 2421 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any threads that cover PC jokes and/or pictures?
There are very good threads for non PC stuff, but as far as I can see nothing for the good clean gags, that one could show the grandkids.
There doesn't seem to be a dedicated place for gags like this......

Attachments

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Are there any threads that cover PC jokes and/or pictures?
There are very good threads for non PC stuff, but as far as I can see nothing for the good clean gags, that one could show the grandkids.
There doesn't seem to be a dedicated place for gags like this......
Why don't you start one, I'm sure it will take off like the others, perhaps better than - as the ladies might join in.
Here's an old corny one for a start:

The old dowager was sat at the table in a restaurant and waving a finger, caught the waitress's eye.
The young lass came over and asked what she could do to help.
"I'd like you to watch out for my husband. He's always late. You'll easily recognise him, he's a bit stooped, has a walking stick, a large pot-belly and white hair."
"Madam," said the waitress, "This is the Jersey in the Channel Islands, ninety percent of the male population would fit that description!"

Taff

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Those of you who used to run Windows XP, (or are still running it !!) will fondly remember the standard background picture with a nice green hill and a distant mountain. It was called 'Bliss.'

Well, this is how it looks now (it's from a site near Sonoma in California.) I put the message box over it with HAL9000's infamous words.
Well, at least you should get some nice wine out of it.

To see the original, which dates from the 90's .. see:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bliss_(image))

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Why don't you start one, I'm sure it will take off like the others, perhaps better than - as the ladies might join in."
Might as well let this thread run, and see how it goes. So far so good :)

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
I wonder how many remember this annual event from back in the day:

Attachments

·
Registered
902 Posts
Here's one my daughter told me years ago which sticks in my head :-

Two crisps were walking along a road, a motorist stopped and asked them if they wanted a lift. They said " No thank you - we're Walkers ! "

·
Nursie
5,820 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,344 Posts
Having visited the thread to remind myself of the postings I doubt Sister's understanding of "PC" is exactly the same as mine.

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
One of my favourite cartoons showed a large group of penguins, standing on an ice-floe. One penguin is wearing a sports jacket, a muffler and a cloth cap. He explains to another penguin - "I simply hate dressing up."

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Dickyboy, it might help if you renamed the thread - something like: 'Jokes and Funny Pics for the Family' - or similar. 'PC' appears to link it to the other thread. ('Family Jokes and Pics' would seem to be personal).

Any thoughts?

Taff

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
I always thought this was true:

:sweat:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Many thanks for title change suggestions, and the ultimate title for this new thread, changed by Hawkey01. :)

1 - 20 of 2421 Posts