Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the Kaitaki has disappeared to? I see that she is due back in service on the 9th of September. I go past the ferry terminal every day and normally see the Kaitaki around 7.15am loading up. But for the last couple of weeks she hasn't been around. I checked the Interislander website but can not find out any informationas to what is going on.

Also when does the Purbeck head back to England? I see she is been used currently to carry freight across cook straight while the Kaitaki is not around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if the Interislander Line would be brave enough to keep the Purbeck. Seems a great ship for carrying freight.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I can confirm that the Purbeck has been sold to a Venezuelan company called Consolidated de Ferrys C.A. (Con Ferry for short). She will be handed over sometime between 25th September and 6th October this year.

Phil

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is a ship called Challenger, or that is the name on the bow and stern and official do***ents, which sails from Wellington twice a day.

·
Registered
157 Posts
There is a ship called Challenger, or that is the name on the bow and stern and official do***ents, which sails from Wellington twice a day.
Challenger is Kaitaki. Her official name is Challenger, whilst her marketing name is Kaitaki (Maori for Challenger)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts