Ships Nostalgia banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
J Boyde ;26611

The Konini was my last ship, port, Portland. A great way to finish some eight years at sea. She was a nice vessel to sail on, even though they filled with coal from time to time. First ship in the USSC, also a coal job. The Kokiri was very different, no gear except the winches to open the hatches. She blew up in Wellington harbour.
Jim Boyde
Gidday I was in the Konini in 1960,run job, joey briggs was the bosun,he was from lyttleton one of the Briggs family that went to sea. the ship was then known as the " Jonini " I was about when the kokiri blew up, a mate of mine A.B. Pat Scanlon was killed along with the O/S as they were both in the well deck on the spring, where the explosion took place. Cheers Sharkie Price ex naenaeboy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Gidday Dally. I was talking to Ross Mitchel, last nite via Skype I told him about you and he asks like I do what is your name, could you email me or via ships nostalgia.

Email address removed from public forum in line with site policy. This is to prevent you receiving unsolicited messages. Please contact via the SN Private Message facility and exchange email addresses if you wish. (Thumb)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.