Ships Nostalgia banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi
just wondering if you remember my father brian launder
he is coming up to 65 and if you or anybody you know knows him please can you put them in touch?
thanks
ian launder(son)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

Hi John,

Just thought I would say hello- I'm Nigel Riley and we shared a room with Max Pearson at Southgarth and I think we sailed together - although I cannot remember what ship its was on.

I have stayed at sea - with Souters really - although now, as you know, called OSG.

All the best
Nigel

·
Registered
1 Posts
Harry Pyle

I believe my father in law Henry (Harry) Wilson Pyle was master of the Bamburgh Castle c. early 60's. Anyone remember him?
Belated reply! I was a cadet in Souters in the 60's and Harry Pyle was Chief Officer then. I last met him on a fire fighting course in Leith in 1971 shortly before his tragic sailing.

A true gentleman and well respected Master,

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Yes I do....

I worked for BISC(ore) Ltd in Middlesbrough till 1964 and then was responsible for routing all the ore carriers..obviously including the full Souter Fleet..Bamburgh Castle,Cheviot, Longstone, Lindisfarne, Sheaf Wear & Sheaf Field.....

All of the Masters were gentlemen to us young agency staff.....

geoff

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.