Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,
I am looking for some informations about a man , JAMES HICKS GOOD , probably was born in 1850+-
in England , i found him in a family search site and he was from England. In the site i found out also that he worked in a ship that made Liverpool/England to Brazil in 1880 -1891.He was born in 1852 and married to Mary Ann Wingent ,
He hade a woman in Brazil outside his married and left 2 daugthers there, Jacy Good and Florinda Good , both are registered with his surname Good and him as father .
My question is , is there any place that i can find crew list for marine ships betwwen England and Brasil(south America ) 1880-1894? Most exacly Arriving in Camocim(, Ceará ,Brazil)

Thank you very much!!!!
Best regards
Luciana
31936_1831101883_0351-00610.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fascinating story. My great-great-great uncle, "Peter Drake", did something similar. He was from Northumberland, UK, but emigrated to Australia and became a teacher in an outback town called Hexham.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fascinating story. My great-great-great uncle, "Peter Drake", did something similar. He was from Northumberland, UK, but emigrated to Australia and became a teacher in an outback town called Hexham.
It is a great and sad story , because the woman who was left with the 2 girls and maybe a boy waited for him to come back , but they thought he was dead .... the family still use the surname Good and the woman lived the rest of her life beeing called "prostitute" because he didnt marry her.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello friends,
I am looking for some informations about a man , JAMES HICKS GOOD , probably was born in 1850+-
in England , i found him in a family search site and he was from England. In the site i found out also that he worked in a ship that made Liverpool/England to Brazil in 1880 -1891.He was born in 1852 and married to Mary Ann Wingent ,
He hade a woman in Brazil outside his married and left 2 daugthers there, Jacy Good and Florinda Good , both are registered with his surname Good and him as father .
My question is , is there any place that i can find crew list for marine ships betwwen England and Brasil(south America ) 1880-1894? Most exacly Arriving in Camocim(, Ceará ,Brazil)

Thank you very much!!!!
Best regards
Luciana View attachment 686788

·
Registered
31 Posts
Can't help you but suggest you consider searching Royal Mail Lines, Don't know what year they started but the East coast of South America was a regular run for Royal Mail ships. Spent some time on the South American route myself but that was in the early '50's. Sometimes you form friendships in another land but unfortunately you may experience transfers from ship to ship and never return to a certain place you would like to go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My uncle lives in Hexham and his name is "Peter Drake". I wonder if they're related. Jonty D, Morpeth, Northumberland

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Hello friends,

Thank you very much!!!!
Best regards
Luciana View attachment 686788
Hi Luciana,
Another possibility is the Liverpool company named Booth Line, who ran steamers to Brazil, regularly going going up the River Amazon. Do you have any ship names to hand.
Regards, Geoff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts